Wednesday, January 14, 2009

No Long Distance Dipping


Well, I had a dip.

A dip of beef jerky!

Don't worry, no meltdowns. Pretty impressive given that I drove 421 miles (with intermittent traffic). I honestly really only thought about tossing one in once or twice, but never got to the point where I pulled over and sat in a 7-11 parking space mulling over my will power. I actually probably think that speed bagging myself in the face would have been much more satisfying given the traffic on the GW Bridge and Jersey Turnpike.

Even more impressive since this has been the week of bad news.

My brother brought up a good point - "Since you quit dipping the world is falling apart." Shortly before he wrote that I found out that the ex girlfriend was officially back on the market (sans this guy) and that a family member was very ill.

Bush league way to start the week.

But in all seriousness, keep point #2 in your thoughts. Point #1 can give me an OPHJ a million times over.

2 comments:

  1. impressive dude.....long drives are always a gimme for at least a tin

    ReplyDelete