Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fit vs Fat


Age combined with metabolism sucks. I am pretty sure my metabolism is growing exponentially while my age is linear...not grossly out of shape by any means as I'm still active, but I'm afraid the phrase "defined abs" is now dead to me. That is, unless you want to utilize the simile "like a bowler's abs" to define them as my friends so kindly do on a regular basis.

I really used to think that tobacco suppressed your appetite or had some kind of offsetting, non-negative quality as it deterred you from chowing down whatever garbage might be in front of you. Looking back, that is really not the case obviously. Sorry, had to tie chew into this posting somehow...

I play in a men's soccer league and running sprints at practice is nothing like it used to be. My legs are jello after a few runs, and my lower back feels like someone hit me with a pickup truck. I am going to try to drop 10 lbs this month somehow, but not in a model, splurge and purge, starve yourself way. Maybe better eating and tons of exercise? I'll try, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I think the big problem is beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment