Monday, February 9, 2009

Philip Morris Int'l to enter smokeless market


Philip Morris International, which sells Marlboro cigarettes outside the U.S., said Tuesday it plans to bring smokeless tobacco products to markets around the world through a new joint venture.

This is scary.

What if chew was as rampantly advertised and used as cigarettes? This would mean that it was finally deemed socially acceptable. If it was socially acceptable, then our general notion of good hygiene would be diminished. If we had bad hygiene, then we would be British. If we were British, then our American democracy would cease to exist. If we had no democracy, then we would also be Russian. If we were Russian, then we would be very respectable gymnasts.

So what does this all mean? Well, I am not sure, but it certainly is not an improvement to our current society.

In other news, I have been on a hot betting streak today. I don't bet regularly, but once in a while it is acceptable. I had about 35 bucks when I woke up and after a series of college basketball wins, I was up to about 180. Should have stopped there. But no, what do I do? I bet on Boise St/Fresno St basketball. First of all, I know nothing about these two teams. All I know is that Fresno has one conference win and scored 10 points in the first half last game. The line? Boise St (2nd in WAC) by one. As I sang and proclaimed "Free Money!!!", I put all 180 on the game. Even better is that I found a webcast of the game. Everything was cool until Fresno ran out to a 14 point lead in the first nine minutes and putting on a dunking clinic. WTF?!

Til next time.

1 comment: